Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Update, Not the Funny Kind

I started my weekend with a swim after school on Friday. I had done my warm up, did some drills, some kicking and was ready to go and time my set as instructed in my training plan.I was using my awesome lap counter doo-hickey Jim bought me for Christmas, it is awesome. I did 3x50s with 30 sec. rest, started on the 6x100s, got to the fourth one when I realized I didn't set the timer right and I was swimming with no time being kept. I was so frustrated at that point I finished the swim with no timing.

Saturday was a bike day. I drove out and parked at Jim's brother's house and rode around the Champoeg area. About 45 minutes into it I got a hideous headache an couldn't get rid of it. I rode for a total of 2.15, 38 miles, and felt like dog shit afterwards. The last 10 minutes were not good. I was paying too much attention to the pain in my head (as opposed to the voices I normally pay attention to) and started not paying attention to the road. I about ate shit three times while I was bobbing and weaving. I was supposed to run 1.5 after the bike. I didn't do that. I felt bad about not doing it knowing it is something I need/must do, but felt a lot better sitting and closing my eyes. The headache stuck around until around 11 p.m.

Here are my stats for the week up to now (I have a run tonight)
-4/16 run 6 miles, time: 1.04.59, average pace 10.50, 165 bpm. Meh.
-4/18 bike, time: 2.17, 38 miles, average pace 3.46, 147 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment