Friday, April 24, 2009

Vancouver Lake Time Trials

Last night was the season opener of the Vancouver Bike Club's Vancouver Lake time trials. It's a 10 mile flat out and back near the lake, goes out to Frenchmen's Bar to turn around and back to the Port of Vancouver. I've never time trialed before so I was apprehensive about what to expect and as to what my performance would be. We got there plenty early so I could sign up and do any paperwork they may require. Luckily, it was as simple as signing my name, given the $1 and getting my bib number. The weather was questionable, black clouds rolling in from the coast and sun breaks intermittently just to the north. As it turned out there was only a slight spit as far as water from the sky went. Or maybe that was the guy ahead of me? I had a great time and don't know if I did well or not, but since you only race yourself (I know that is the idea, but still...) I think I did okay for my first time.


My time was a respectable 33:46 (take about 5 seconds off for my entirely f'ed up turn around at mile 5) .

No comments:

Post a Comment