Monday, February 8, 2010

Tread Water

Getting up at 4:15 a.m. is rough, doing it to go torture yourself at a 5:30 spinning class is just plain stupid. But I do it twice a week, even though I know better. Today I was supposed to also swim in the afternoon, which I did not complete in fear of pulling a River Phoenix in "My Own Private Idaho" and falling asleep right at 25 yards in the pool.

I tire very easily at the end of the day. I don't know if it's because of an iron deficiency, some medical problem or I'm just getting old (I vote old) but it really makes some days near impossible to get the workouts in. Today, for instance I could barely keep my eyes open on the way home and therefore didn't go to the gym to swim. This would be the half-assed part of me. Had I powered up and gone to the gym I'm sure I could have completed the workout, but I chose not to.

Days like this I feel overwhelmed and under-committed.

In the wise words of De La Soul:
Always look to the positive and never drop your head
For the water will engulf us if we do not dare to tread
So let's tread water

No comments:

Post a Comment