Thursday, February 4, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

My BF from since I was 12 years old sent me this via Facebook after reading the last two blog posts, for some reason her computer won't allow her to leave a comment here. It gave me that blurry eye thing you get when you aren't actually crying but you have tears going. I guess that is the definition of welling up?

"Okay Darling, I have to tell you that you can do it. You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to. Yeah, sometimes there are physical limitations and you can't help injury...bottom line-you finished, you didn't quit, you kept going and you FINISHED. Go ahead, enter your credit card number and KICK SOME ASS! Tell you what, let's make a deal-you continue your training and I will train for a 10k this summer (you know for me that is a big deal). Even if you don't always believe in yourself, there are some us who do."

I did it today, here's my confirmation email:
Dear Heather,
Congratulations! You are now registered for 2010 Ironman 70.3 Boise.

Thank you for believing in me Karla, and for giving me a good swift kick in the ass when I needed it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment