Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good thing I wasn't there to PR

This past weekend was the Nike Women's Marathon and Half Marathon. I, of course, ran the half since the mere notion of running full marathon makes my sphincter clench in trepidation. Here is a picture of the Tiffany necklace that serves as a medal.
Not too shabby!
The one thing I really like about this race was how few people were terribly concerned with running a PR. How do I know this? Because most of them stopped at each mile marker, each funny sign, every lookout, and took their photo.

I spent most of the race considering the idea of signing up for Ironman Whistler. What I came up with is "yes" I think I am ready to take that on for the year I turn 40. Sign up is this Thursday at noon, so I have a little less than two days to either come to my senses or bite the bullet and take on a new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment