Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Resolution Completed

I am pro at starting things, but I am not such a pro at always seeing them to fruition. I get bored easily, so to do something for an entire year is a big step. My New Year’s resolution for 2011 was to run at least one race per month. The races didn’t have to be running races only. They could be triathlons or adventure races that included running, too. In some months I ran more than one race, and on two occasions I nearly didn’t get the race in until the last weekend of the month. Below is the rundown of the 12 races I did in order as part of my resolution, and accompanying each race is one word to describe my impression of the race. The accompanying photo is of my favorite medal from the year. The medal is from the Moses Lake triathlon and is made from stamped pottery--loved the creativity of it for sure. 




Here are the races:



First Run: Tradition

Run for Chocolate: Snowy

Shamrock Run: Beer

Wahine Half Marathon: Hawaii!

Hippie Chick: Crowded
Moses Lake Triathlon: Homey

Great Northwest Mountain Run: Steep

Hood to Coast: Blast

Pints to Pasta: Mediocre

Hybrid Adventure Games: Potential

West Linn Turkey Trot: Hung-over

Ho Ho 5K: Next???

1 comment:

  1. I love those one word descriptions. When you said Moses Lake Triathlon: Homey, I thought you said horney.

    ReplyDelete